Kalakand ~ a simple, 2-ingredient Diwali sweet that’s sure to wow your family and friends! 😍😉Perfect for Diwali potluck parties or house parties! 😉😀 Happy Diwali !! 😀😀😀
1 cup/250 grams ricotta cheese
1 cup condensed milk
Chopped nuts for garnish (optional)
1. Grease a plate or baking tray with butter or ghee.
2. Place the ricotta cheese and condensed milk in a pan on medium heat.
3. Mix frequently as the mixture starts to simmer.
4. Keep cooking on medium-low heat and let the mixture bubble.
5. The moisture will start leaving the mixture and the crumbly texture will increase.
6. Keep mixing occasionally and make sure you scrape down the sides of the pan.
7. Once the texture is crumbly mostly and there’s no extra moisture in the mix, remove from heat and transfer the mixture to the greased plate or tray.
8. Flatten with the top of the spatula and let it cool completely. Garnish with nuts
9. Cut into squares and serve. Refrigerate the remaining and serve within 2 days.
Hope you enjoy it! 😀
#ruchyum #ruchyumrecipes #diwali #kalakand #homemade #happydiwali #indiansweets
Eating at Mimi Cheng’s means simple delicious dumplings 🍙🍙🍙 made with local and healthy ingredients! It also means a really excellent, homemade tangy sauce, rather than crusty bottles of sriracha! 😋😉
Go for the 50-50 combo to try out 2 different varieties and definitely pan-fried version! 😀👍🏻 Thank you @milisalovesfilm for the recommendation! 😉
#ruchyum #ruchyumrest #mimichengs #dumplings #nyc #nycrestaurants #ilovenyc #finalcountdown
If you are in midtown on a weekday during lunch time 💁🏻, do stop by Mysttik Masala food cart! It’s an Indian food cart on the SE corner of Park Ave and 54th St serving real fragrant Indian food! It usually has a long queue so be prepared to wait for 15-20 mins 😬
There’s abundance of spices such as turmeric, cardamom and cloves in all the dishes making them very flavorful and fragrant! 🥗😌 Recommended: Naan rolls (all types) and Samosas!
#ruchyum #ruchyumrest #mysttikmasaala #vendyawards #nyc #ilovenyc #finalcountdown
Portable comfort food anyone?! #ruchyum #ruchyumrest #chickincone #friedchicken #wafflecone #ilovenyc #finalcountdown
Tucked in a nook of Chelsea Market, Mokbar combines traditional Korean-style soup with Japanese-style noodles 🍝🍝🍝🍝
The ramen menu here is far beyond classic including seaweed, spicy 🌶 khimchi and a very thick and spicy broth! 😍😋 #ruchyum #ruchyumrest #mokbarnyc #ramen #koreanfood #ilovenyc #finalcountdown
Westville, the traditional American food eatery is a staple amongst Manhattan-ites and is famous for its classic Market Plate! 🥗 It offers over 24 different vegetable options delivered fresh daily. ✔️ Whether you’re looking for an all-vegetarian/vegan experience, or a chance to indulge in an award-winning burger or New York strip steak, you won’t be disappointed. It’s casual and unpretentious eatery, serving large portions with fresh ingredients. 🍅🍇🌽🌶🍖🍏 Pictured here is the Quinoa and Kale Salad with raw kale, quinoa, blue cheese 🧀 , marinated onions , pumpkin seeds, sweet roasted walnuts, dried cranberries 🍒, corn 🌽 , arugula & lemon 🍋 olive oil! It’s one of the few places in NYC where you can add/subtract ingredients from your salad hassle-free (I’m sure a lot of you know what I mean 😉) #ruchyum #ruchyumrest #westville #nyc #nycrestaurants #newyork #finalcountdown