Dairy Free & Refined Sugar Free Banana Pancakes ~ Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and delicately flavored with bananas, cinnamon and vanilla — these are phenomenal banana pancakes! These dairy-free and refined sugar free pancakes are super easy to make and can be ready in a jiffy! 🍌🥞 Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 1 to 2 mins per pancake
Makes around 10 pancakes
1 Ripe Banana
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Almond Milk
1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil and some more for frying pancakes
Honey for serving
1/2 Sliced Banana
1. Take banana in a bowl, mash it with fork roughly till it is chunky.
2. Now add in almond milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and mix well.
4. Now add in coconut oil and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a pan for frying pancakes, take a ladleful of batter and pour it over the pan. Let it cook for a min on one side till bubbles form on top. Flip over and cook for few more sec.
6. Remove it and stack on a plate.
7. Top with bananas, drizzle honey and serve 😊
#ruchyum #ruchyumrecipes #bananapancakes #dairyfree #refinedsugarfree #pancakes #fluffy #honey #foodpics #chefsofinstagram #lunch #dinner #breakfast #quickrecipe #nomnomnom #eeeeeats #foodstagram #foodporn #igfood #feedfeed #foodphotography
A popular breakfast item among the Italians, the cornetto is the Italian variation of a croissant. Compared to the french variety, the cornetto is less buttery and flaky and has a greater density. This simple and delicious treat comes in many forms – it may be dusted with a sprinkling of sugar, glazed with a sticky syrup, or stuffed with Nutella, pastry cream or marmalade! We had it in breakfast every single day that we were in Rome 😍 The ones glazed with sticky syrup + OJ is the best combination ever! 🍊🍴 #ruchyum #ruchyumtravel #cornetto #rome #italy #eeeeeats #nomnomnom #foodporn_xox #foodprnshare #thedailybite #foodstagram #breakfast #foodphotography #foodgasm #foodpics #foodie
Grilled Vegetables Sandwich Smothered with Hot Melted Cheese & Layered with Honey Mustard #recipe ~ A quick and simple sandwich, with mouth watering flavors! 🌭🍴🍞 Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Makes 4 -6″ sandwiches
– 2 Bread Rolls (foot long)
– 1 cup Onions
– 1 cup Mixed Veggies of your choice – green peppers, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, jalapenos, zucchini is my favorite combination for this recipe
– 4 Cheese Slices – American or Provolone
– Honey Mustard
– 2 tablespoon Oil
– Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions.
2. Saute till the onions are softened. Then add the veggies. Once all the veggies are grilled, softened and fragrant add salt and pepper.
3. Add cheese on top of the veggies as shown, and then fold in with a spatula.
4. Slice the bread rolls and layer it with honey mustard.
5. Place the roll on top of the veggies and flip it with a spatula. The sandwich is ready to be plated.
TIP: Ketchup, marinara sauce and hot sauce all make good accompaniments or just the sandwich on its own is pretty great! 😊
Happy Cooking! #ruchyum #frommykitchen #sandwich #sandwichporn #grilledveggies #honeymustard #breakfast #breakfastporn #foodstagram #foodporn #foodpics #cheese #vegetarian #chefsofinstagram #nomnomnom #eeeeeats #food52 #feedfeed #heresmyfood #ruchyumrecipes
One of the things that I miss about India, is the fantastic range of street food that you get in every nook and corner — right from pav bhaji to bhelpuris .. yummm! Also, never does the chaats at two vendors taste alike – everyone has their own little “secret” ingredient which is not disclosed 🙂
Cucumber sticks are a really easy and healthy snack to have on hand for when those spice cravings hit. The predominant flavor is chaat masala, a combination of savory, fragrant, and salty spices. I remember having these on my trip to a small city in Rajasthan. These were like life savers for us in the scorching heat!
– Chaat Masala is easily available in any Indian Store. I prefer using the brands Everest or MDH. You can also make chaat masala at home using this recipe: http://www.thetiffinbox.ca/…/recently-i-have-been-on-this-h…
– You can prepare the cucumber and onions ahead of time and chill. Sprinkle with the spices just before serving.
– Go easy on the salt, as chaat masala already has salt in it.
– Indian vendors will leave the seeds in. These make the final dish a bit watery. So, if you want, scoop out the seeds using a melon baller or a grapefruit spoon.
– For a portable snack, mix together the chaat masala, chili powder, and salt in a small container. Squeeze lime juice into another container. Skip the onions and cilantro. Dip fresh cucumber sticks into the lime juice, then into the spice mix, and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Spiced Cucumber Sticks with Chaat Masala
- 1 small Onion, ﬁnely diced
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- Flaked Sea Salt, to taste
- Small handful finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve
- Peel and halve the cucumbers. Slice the cucumber into sticks and dry them thoroughly with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, place the finely diced onions in a bowl, and cover with cold water. Let sit for about 15 minutes, then drain and pat dry. This helps draw out the raw spiciness of the onions and mellows out their ﬂavor.
- Place the cucumber on a serving plate and sprinkle with onions, chaat masala, chili powder, and a crumble of ﬂaked salt. Garnish with the chopped cilantro and squeeze a little lime juice before eating.
Eggless Waffle Recipe ~ The basic recipe for eggless waffles, easy to make and can be topped with anything that you like!
1 cup All purpose flour
1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons Baking powder
A pinch of Salt
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Oil
1 1/4 cup Water
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. Take dry ingredients (all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder) in a bowl. Mix it well using whisk or just shift it.
2. Make a well in the middle. add water, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Mix it using wire whisk till incorporated. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
4. While you are making batter, preheat the waffle iron.
5. Pour the batter in the pre-heated waffle iron and cook till the waffles are crisp.
Note: Eggless waffles usually take few minutes more than the regular waffles to crisp up. #ruchyum #frommykitchen #egglesswaffles #waffles #food #foodporn #foodphotography #foodstagram #foodgasm #foodblogger #recipes #instafood #dessert #sweettooth #whippedcream #freshfruits #ruchyumrecipes #foodlover #quickrecipe #breakfast
Its simple to make & delicious to eat! It takes less than 30 mins to get ready and is healthy as well as nutritious! Give it a try!
Black Bean & Portobello Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 cups Portobello Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 to 3 Jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped, or to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle en Adobo, or to taste
- Ground Cumin to taste
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- 6 Whole Wheat Flour tortillas, one per quesadilla
- 1 cup grated low-fat or regular Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions, just the green part chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the onion and mushrooms until the onion begins to soften, for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and jalapeños, and continue to sauté for 1 minute more. Add black beans, chipotle en adobo, cumin, salt and pepper, and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring, until heated through. Add cilantro, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface, and spoon about 1/3 cup mushroom-bean mixture onto one-half of the tortilla. Sprinkle on about 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold the unfilled half over the ﬁling, and set aside. Repeat until the filling mixture is used up.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat the skillet. Heat the quesadillas on the ﬁled sides until browned, for about 3 minutes. Turn over, and brown the second sides. Spray the skillet as needed with nonstick cooking spray. Place quesadillas on individual plates, and top generously with the salsa.
TIP: Serve with sour cream or any type of salsa or guacamole or all of them!
VARIATION: Feel free to add or subtract any veggies of your choice!
Native: After relishing variety of quesadillas at restaurants – plain cheese, veggies or black beans ones, I came up with this recipe – which combines all of them into one — to give you a healthy and fulfilling meal!
Hope you enjoy it!
Sharing an old recipe – A quick and fruity breakfast for a summer weekend! 🙂 Click on the image below to see the recipe!