Second recipe in the Diwali sweets & snacks series is the Traditional Kheer/Rice pudding #recipe to make a creamy pudding by slowly cooking rice and reducing milk ~ just the way it’s always done 😀
Ingredients: – 1/4 cup Small grained rice or Basmati
– 1.5 Litre Whole milk
– 8-10 tablespoons Sugar (adjust as per taste)
– 4 Green Cardamom (use only the seeds)
For Garnishing: – 1 teaspoon Ghee/ Clarified butter
– 8-10 pieces Cashews
– handful Almond Flakes
– 6-7 Saffron strands
1. Clean the rice thoroughly and set it aside soaking in water for 30 mins.
2. Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Make sure it’s a heavy bottomed deep pan.. 3. Once the milk has boiled, add the crushed cardamom seeds to it.
4. Next add the washed and drained rice to the milk and give it a stir.
5. Leave this on a low flame for about an hour and remember to keep stir it once in awhile.While stirring make sure you do it from the bottom and the sides as well.
6. After about an hour, the milk would begin to thicken and the rice will be cooked. Now add sugar and stir well.
7. Leave it on for another 30 minutes till it reaches a creamy consistency. Taste for sweetness.
8. Lightly fry the cashews in the ghee or clarified butter, separately.
9. Garnish and serve hot, at room temperature or cold.. Its delicious in every way!😍 Happy cooking!
#ruchyum #kheer #ricepudding #diwalitime #diwali2016 #foodlover #foodpics #diwalisweets #foodporn #foodstagram #foodblogger #food #foodforthought #foodie #nomnomnom #eeeeeats #traditionalsweets #misshome #ruchyumrecipes