The festival of Dussehra(celebration of triumph of good over evil) is incomplete without JALEBIS!! Jalebis, are a popular sweet in India, made by deep-frying flour batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup! Below is a #recipe making them in just 20 minutes! 😀
Happy Dussehra everyone!! 🙏🏻 Ingredients
– 1 cup All purpose flour – 3/4 cup Water for Syrup and 3/4 cup for Batter
– 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Fruit Salt
– Oil / Ghee for frying
– Few strands Saffron
– 1 3/4 cup Sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
– 2 small Lemon wedges
– Almonds and Pistachios for garnish
1. Sugar Syrup: Take a pan, add sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Heat this up over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Add saffron, cardamom and lemon wedges. Prepare one thread consistency syrup.Remove the lemon wedges.
2. Batter: Take flour in a mixing bowl. Slowly add water, till it forms thick paste kind of batter. Be careful with amount of water or else it would be very watery. Once it is kind of thick paste kind of batter, mix this for about 5 minutes.
3. Heat up oil over a medium flame. Add baking powder and fruit salt to the batter. And mix them well.
4. Transfer the batter to a piping bag or zip lock bag.
5. Check the oil. It should not be very hot. It should be such that you can shape the Jalebi then it starts sizzling.
6. Make Jalebi in the oil. The shape comes with practice and patience(mine is not perfect either). Fry the Jalebi over medium flame until it’s well cooked. It should be slightly golden brown. Take it out and immediately dunk it in the syrup. Soak it for 30 seconds.
7. Take them out and put it in your mouth… 🙂 because there’s nothing like eating piping hot fresh Jalebi.
– Since this is instant Jalebis – it should be consumed within a couple of hours.
– Dip Jalebis in warm milk and serve. They taste heavenly! 🙂 #ruchyum #ruchyumrecipes #homemade #frommykitchen #indianfestival #jalebis #instantjalebis #dussehra #foodporn #foodblogger #foodstagram #vegan #nomnomnom #chefsofinstagram #feedfeed #foodie #foodphotography #missinghome