Dates and Nuts Modak: A sugar free and healthy Modak recipe, perfect for the upcoming Ganesh Chaturthi festivities! The natural sweetness from dates and the richness from nuts makes some super delicious, healthy, sugar free, gluten free & dairy free modaks! They are super quick to make!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 4 mins
Total Time: 14 mins
Yields: 8 pieces
– 20 Dates
– 14 cup Nuts (Almonds, Pistachios,Cashews, Walnuts, etc.)
– 2 tablespoon Ghee + some extra for greasing
1. Roast the nuts until fragrant in ghee. Take care not to change its color, so
roast in medium ﬂame. Set aside. Deseed the dates.
2. Once cooled down, grind them coarsely. Do not powder too much, there should
be chunks of nuts.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and grind dates to a paste.
4. Mix both the ground dates and nuts and grease the mold with ghee. Grease your
hands with ghee and ﬁll the mold with the mixture.
5. De mold carefully and arrange in paper liners.
6. Grease both mold and hands with ghee every time to finish all.
– You can add roasted desiccated coconut too along with nuts.
– You can add few raisins along with dates. #ruchyum #ruchyumrecipes #frommykitchen #modaks #ganeshchaturthi #dates #nuts #foodstagram #chefsofinstagram #foodgasm #nomnomnom #foodpics #foodblogger #delicious #igers #indiansweets #sweettooth #recipe