Mango Kulfi : Beat the summer heat with some frozen dairy Indian dessert!
Milk – 500ml
Sugar – ⅓ Cup
Cream – 2 tablespoon
Saffron (Kesar) – Few Strands
Mango Pulp – 1 and ¼ Cup
1. Heat up the milk in a wide pan and get it to a boil.
2. In a small bowl, take out 1-2 tbsp of the boiled milk and add the saffron strands to this milk. Set it aside.
3. Now, working on the milk, reduce the milk in a medium flame, stirring it occasionally to prevent burning. Stirring the milk evenly gives amazing texture to Kulfi.
4. Add the soaked saffron to the reducing milk and stir it and reduce it till it becomes half of its original volume. Add the sugar and cream, and cook it for another 1-2 minutes.
5. After reducing the milk, let it cool down completely. After it cools down, add mange pulp to it and the pistachio. Mix it well and add it to the Kulfi Moulds. Let it set for 4-5 hours. Chill and Serve!
– Add dry fruits to the mix for some additional flavors!
– Skip the mango pulp, and freeze the milk mixture after its cooled down to make cream(malai) kulfi!
– Make them in popsicle moulds, ramekins or terra cotta pots(thoroughly washed and dried)!
Hope you enjoy it! #ruchyum #ruchyumrecipes #frommykitchen #kulfi #mangokulfi #indiandesserts #foodstagram #foodgasm #foodpics #foodblogger #chefsofinstagram #dessertporn #dessert #sweettooth #terracotta #frozen #nomnomnom