A 5-ingredient coconut ladoo made with fresh coconut, condensed milk, cardamom powder, almonds & saffron!
Coconut Ladoo is a sweet and rich dessert. In India, they are made on various festive occasions and are an all time favorite of everyone 🙂
The recipe here is a quick one using condensed milk, whereas the traditional one makes use of milk and sugar.
TIP: They remain fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Native: Last week, I had a few guests coming over for dinner on a weekday. So wanted to create something super delicious, traditional, quick and with minimum number of ingredients or ingredients that I had handy. That’s when I came up with this recipe. They turned out to be great! The tri-color theming was a pure coincidence, trust me 😉
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Happy Independence Day y’all! 🙂
- 5 cups tightly packed fresh grated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup Condensed milk
- 1/3 cup desiccated or fresh Coconut for rolling
- 7-8 strands of Saffron
- 1/4 cup Almonds. thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, thinly sliced
- Sauté fresh coconut in ghee for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add condensed milk, cardamom powder, saffron and almonds.
- Stir it well and cook this mixture on a low flame.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan, switch off the ﬂame. Allow the mixture to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small to medium balls from the mixture and form Iadoos.
- Roll the ladoos is desiccated coconut or in fresh coconut evenly.
- Place them in small muffin liners or just place them in a tray.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Serve coconut ladoos straight away or refrigerate and serve them later.