Zucchini + noodles = Zoodles is the star of the dish. And it is well accompanied by the burst of flavors from basil, garlic and lemon!
All you need to turn that gorgeous green veggie into noodles is a spiralizer or julienne peeler. In moments you’ll have a giant bowl of healthy noodles ready to be devoured!
TIP: The pesto can be prepared ahead of time and stored in a jar in a refrigerator for 2-3 days! That could cut down your dinner making time by at least 2 mins. So dinner in 3 mins anyone?
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Quinoa Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- 2 medium Zucchinis
- 3 cups fresh Basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts (plus more for topping, optional)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- Slice the ends off both zucchinis and run them through the spiralizer on the “spaghetti” blade or use the julienne peeler. Trim the noodles into smaller pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Add basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast. garlic, lemon juice and spices into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse two or three times until the ingredients start to break down. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Scrape sides as necessary until you have an almost smooth pesto. Pulse in quinoa.
- Pour pesto over zucchini noodles and toss to coat.
- Garnish with additional pine nuts and/or torn basil leaves. Serve immediately.