Eggless & No-bake Mango Cheesecake #recipe
For the bottom layer:
14 to 15 Graham crackers
3 tbsp melted Butter
For the middle cream cheese layer and top layer:
2 cups of Mango Pulp
225 grams plain Cream Cheese
200 ml Heavy Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
¾ cup Sugar
3 teaspoon Agar Agar powder
¾ cup Water
1. Break the crackers and add them to a food processor. Add butter and just blend them once more till the butter is evenly mixed.
2. Grease a detachable pie pan bottom with unsalted butter.
3. Place the powdered crackers on the pie pan and press it to make an even layer.
4. Keep in the fridge for about 15 to 20 mins for the bottom crumb layer to set.
5. Dissolve the agar agar powder in ½ cup of water for 20 to 25 mins.
6. In a another mixing bowl, take the cream cheese, cream, vanilla extract and sugar and whip this mixture till its smooth.
7. Then add half of of the mango puree and gently mix it with the cream cheese mixture.
8. Now heat the pan containing the agar agar and water on a sim or low flame. Keep on stirring and cook this mixture till the agar agar dissolves completely in the water and you see a smooth gelatinous liquid.
9. Take equal portions of the agar agar mixture and add one portion to the mango cream cheese mixture and stir quickly and vigorously.
10. Add the remaining half portion to the mango puree and again stir quickly.
11. Pour the mango cream cheese mixture on to the cracker crumb layer. Tap gently for a uniform layer. Refrigerate for 30-35 mins.
12. Remove and then layer the mango + agar agar mixture gently on the middle cream cheese layer, with a flat spatula spread the last layer carefully.[if the mango puree has become thick with the agar agar setting in it, then just lightly microwave it.]
13. Cover the pan and keep in the refrigerator to set for 3 to 4 hours.
14. Un-mould carefully and then place the cheesecake on a serving tray.
15. Decorate with whipped cream, chopped mangoes, mint leaves or whatever you prefer.