Enjoy the crunch and molten cheese of Jalapenos poppers – without the frying!
Jalapeño poppers, or jalapeño bites, are jalapeño peppers that have been hollowed out, stuffed with a mixture of cheese, spices, and sometimes ground meat, breaded and deep fried or baked like in the recipe here!
Make them for your next party as starters and make your guests happy happy! 😉
They can be served with chilled beer, chips and guacamole or just like that!
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 2 fresh Jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups rated Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne, or less, to taste
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cumin, and cayenne.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- In a shallow dish, combine the panko crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle of each jalapeno half. One at a time, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Place the coated peppers, out side up, on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the ﬁling is runny and the crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
– For additional flavor, add oregano, thyme or onion powder to the panko mix.
– Feel free to use any type of cheese that you like or a mix of couple of them.
Hope you enjoy it!