Easy and delicious coconut & khoya ladoos with a sweet gulkand surprise in the center!
Coconut Khoya & Gulkand Ladoo
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Khoya/Mawa
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 2 tablespoon Gulkand
- 2 tablespoon Warm Milk
- A pinch of Saffron (optional)
- Soak saffron in warm milk for 5 to 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Grind sugar and cardamom in to powder.
- In a wok add khoya/mawa and cook in slow ﬂame for 2-3 minutes or until it’s melts, loosen up, off ﬂame. Add saffron milk, sugar powder to khoya and mix well, allow to cool. (Keep ﬂame only in slow/low or khoya will get burnt).
- Add desiccated coconut with khoya mixture and combine well to form smooth dough. Divide into equal 10 to 12 portions, take one piece and roll in to ball/laddu, ﬂatten it like cutlet or tikki.
- Fill 1 to 2 tsp of gulkand in center and carefully bring edges together and form in to ball again. Do this carefully so gulkand doesn’t leaks from sides.
- Garnish with saffron and serve.
Hope you enjoy it!
– If using sweet khoya then reduce sugar or don’t use sugar atall.
– If you don’t have gulkand, fill ladoo with finely chopped nuts of choice or chocolate rice etc.
– If you can’t bind ladoo add little more desiccated coconut and mix well.