A one bowl pancake recipe, with the perfect balance of fluffy and dense, sweet, spicy, and packed with pumpkin flavor!
Tender, spiced pumpkin pancakes that require just 1 bowl and 20 minutes to prepare. Healthy, simple and perfect for chilly fall mornings! These are absolutely phenomenal topped with a bit of butter and maple syrup. Add a bit of pumpkin pie spice on top, it takes them to a new level of delicious – highly recommended! If you want it to be a bit more sweet, sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on top of it!
Inspired: This recipe is inspired by a ton of pumpkin pancakes recipes as well as regular pancakes!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 3/4-1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed Pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Grape seed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- Pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup whole Wheat ﬂour
- Preheat a large skillet on medium to medium-low heat on the stove stop. You want the surface to be hot but not screaming hot – oil shouldn’t burn when it hits the surface.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk and lemon juice in a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to curdle. Then add melted butter or oil, honey, pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Next add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices to a sifter and sift over the wet ingredients. If the batter appears too thin, add a bit more ﬂour. If too thick, add a splash of milk. If too thin, add a bit more ﬂour. Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Butter or spray your griddle with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup measurements of the batter onto the griddle. There should be 6-7 pancakes. Flip when bubbles appear in the middle and the edges turn slightly dry.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes more on the other side, then plate.
Hope you enjoy it!